cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon BJC-240 Printer

ewh324
Apprentice

Hi.  I have an old BJC-240 printer, which has worked quite well for a number of years.  Now, though, when I turn it on, after cycling through the usual start-up noises, all that happens is that I have a blinking green light, almost as though it is waiting for a signal to move it to the print function.  I have tried all the online fixes I was able to find in either Microsoft or Canon, with no change.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ewh324,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the green light is still flashing the printer will need to be replaced since service is no longer offered on this model printer.

You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon’s newest technologies, including such features as built-in WiFi, Airprint and Cloud Print, carries a one year limited manufacturers warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Arthur, thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, as with the other recommended fixes I have tried, this one also does not appear to have resolved the problem.  So, I think I've resigned myself to the prospect of having to replace the old, but formerly faithful, printer.  In that regard, I will follow up on the suggestion that I explore the Canon Upgrade Program.  Thanks, again.

Albatross71
Apprentice

My faithful Canon BJC-240 printer no longer puts ink down. It goes through the motions and the print head is sopping wet with ink. The cartridge is maybe 6 months old. Even my spare cartridge won't put any ink down. I have cleaned the print head, made sure the contacts are clean, reset the printer and done all the suggestions. One thing I should mention is that I kept a clipboard minus the clip under the front of the printer to catch the sheets since there was none like the newer printers have. When I brought my hand up to turn it on not long ago, I caught the clipboard and jerked the printer upwards. Could I have damaged it? Any suggestion anyone? I've had this printer for over 20 years and I'd like to salvage it if possible.

Announcements