cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Pixma iP8720 print on 230 gsm 61 lb paper?

brassman
Enthusiast

Can the Pixma iP8720 printer feed & print 230gsm/61 lb 8.5x11 paper without rejecting or jamming? Been using this paper to print photo covers for soft cover photo books on an Epson WF 30. I need a better printer and I'm 99% committed to buying this Canon Pixma iP8720 if it can print on this heavy paper.

Thanks, Russ 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ramona
Authority

Hi brassman,

The PIXMA iP8720 can use plain paper that is 17 to 28 lb (64 to 105 g /m2) (except for Canon genuine paper), and non-Canon genuine specialty paper that is up to 53 lb (200 g /m2).  We do not recommend using paper that is lighter or heavier than these paper weights in the printer, as they may jam or do damage to the printer.

For printers that can handle up to 61 lb paper, we recommend our Professional Photo InkJet Printers.  These printers can handle up to 93 lb (350 g / m2) when using the manual feed tray of the printer.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hello.

The warranty period is for one year from the original date of purchase.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ramona
Authority

Hi brassman,

The PIXMA iP8720 can use plain paper that is 17 to 28 lb (64 to 105 g /m2) (except for Canon genuine paper), and non-Canon genuine specialty paper that is up to 53 lb (200 g /m2).  We do not recommend using paper that is lighter or heavier than these paper weights in the printer, as they may jam or do damage to the printer.

For printers that can handle up to 61 lb paper, we recommend our Professional Photo InkJet Printers.  These printers can handle up to 93 lb (350 g / m2) when using the manual feed tray of the printer.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Ramona. I ordered the PIXMA iP8720 yesterday anyway and before I received your reply. Well, I'll try the 61 lb photo paper and see what happens. Is there a warranty on this printer?
Thanks

Hello.

The warranty period is for one year from the original date of purchase.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

brassman, I realize it's been a while but I'm in the same situation as you were. Did the ip8720 work with 230 gsm paper?

Yes it did. I was referring to Office Depot "Professional Photo Paper" 61 lb/11 mil 230gsm Matte double-sided paper. No problem.
Announcements