Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Can't get PIXMA ip90 to work on Win10

Will the ip90 not work with windows 10? I've only been able to print the test page. Installed Easy PhotoPrint EX and when I click on a photo to print it says "The operation cannot be continued because a printer supporting Photo Print is not installed". I installed the "Printer Driver Add-On Module Ver 1.10" for Windows 7/7 x64 and it still won't work. Any workaround for this? Will this printer only work on Windows 7 computers? 

Thanks

Reputable Contributor

Re: Can't get PIXMA ip90 to work on Win10

There might be an issue if your computer was originally running Win7 and you did the free upgrade to Win10, as opposed to working with a Win10 "clean install". And you could also try installing the printer for an earlier version of Windows using Compatibility Mode.

Reputable Contributor

Hi Helpmeplz.

The PIXMA iP90 is not supported past Windows 7.  While it may be able to continue working on newer versions of Windows, with some limitations that are unknown to Canon.  It has been superceded by the current model PIXMA iP110.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

New Contributor

It's a new laptop that has only had Windows 10 on it. Maybe I'll try it on my older computer with 7 on it. 

Reputable Contributor

Hi Helpmeplz.

If you're able to get the iP90 working on the Windows 7 computer, you may be able to share it across the network, effectively using the Windows 7 computer like a print server. This will require the sharing computer to be online while printing from the Windows 10 computer.

Printer sharing in Windows 7 may be done from the Printer Properties window.

Sharing tab