cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Print Color Photos

rm11234
Apprentice

When I right click on the color photo it takes me to the print screen. The photo is in black and white and turned 90 degrees from the origional. If I preview the photo first it is in color and in the normal position. I have gone it and checked all the settings and thay are fine. I have rebooted the printer with no luck. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks. Frank  

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Rm11234!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer you're using and  the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x).  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

Sorry Tiffany. I know better. It is a PIXMA ip4700 . Running it with Windows 7. Thanks Frank

I have a MG5220 and it will print text just fine.  However, when I try to print graphics/photos, they have lines of missing color across the entire graphic.  I have done everything in the troubleshooting and maintenance that it says and it still won't print right.  My operating system is Windows 7.

Hi harthous,

First, please make sure that the ink tanks are installed in the printer correctly and are in the correct order.  The order from left to right is as follows:

CLI-226BK
CLI-226M
CLI-226C
PGI-225PGBK
CLI-226Y

Next, a test of the printer should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG5220 and follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

2.  Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example below.  If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Press <HOME>.

2.  Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Cleaning.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

5.  Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

Does the Nozzle Check look like this:

MG5220 Nozzle Test.jpg

If it does not, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rm11234,

Please try printing one of your images with Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start go to All Programs.

2.  Click on Canon Utilities and point to Easy-PhotoPrint EX.

3.  Click on Easy-PhotoPrint EX to open that program.

4.  In the main menu, click on Photo Print.

5.  Next to #1, Select Images, choose the folder that your images are located in.

6.  On the right side, click on a photo to print.  A number 1 should appear below the image.

7.  Click on the #2 button, Select Paper, on the left hand side.  Choose your paper size and type.

8.  Click on the #3 button, Layout/Print, on the left hand side.  Choose your desired layout.

9.  Click the green Print button.

Your image should print correctly.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements