cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black small smudges across the page

jeri5leo
Contributor

When I print there are small black smudges equally spaced going horizontal. I have done all the cleaning of head and for clogs. 

5 REPLIES 5

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi jeri5leo,

Thank you for your inquiry, and welcome to the Canon Forums.

We appreciate your participation, however, for the community to best assist you can you provide us with the model of your printer?

If you are in the USA and need immediate assistance please call us weekdays at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to help! If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

We are going to need more than the model of the printer.

Is this a new problem / printer or a new problem on a old printer that has developed recently?

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps besides a head cleaning?

Have you performed a print head alignment? 

Smudges could be caused by ink distribution, poor alighnment, a feeding or surface contact issue.

Start by inspecting the paper tray, paper handling and all feed mechanisms. This will involve removing the trays, duplexer (if applicable) and any covers you can open.  Inspect the feeders, rollers and paper handling mechanisms.  Look for uneven wear, things which don't look symetrical.   

Alignment is important too.  Paper should be fanned before putting it into the tray and the guides should be evenly spaced if applicable. 

Debris or scraps of paper from a paper jam if discovered should also be removed.  Using non OEM inks is also not recommended. 

Hope this helps. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jeri5leo
Contributor
Thank you. I will look closer. I looked inside and saw black and blue ink stains on rollers and circuit looking things. Old printer and new problem.

Long makeup Q-Tips and cotton balls with a drip or two of alcohol.  Star there.  Everything needs to be clean.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jeri5leo
Contributor
I did. I see lots of ink outside the ink tanks on the spongelike material on the bottom.
Announcements