cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black ink backflowing into color cartriges

dflammer
Apprentice

My IP4000 printer black ink is backflowing into all 3 color cartridges.  Has anyone else ever have this happen?  How did you resolve it?  I'm cleaning the print head now.  I'll dry out overnight and put new cartridges in to test tomorrow.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi dflammer.

This issue can happen if the cartridges are inserted into the incorrect slot. Please verify that the cartridges are seated in the order that they appear in the image below:

1. BCI-6 Black
  2. BCI-3e Black
  3. BCI-6 Yellow
  4. BCI-6 Magenta
  5. BCI-6 Cyan

Were you able to test the machine with the new cartridges?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

New cartridges inserted in the correct order, same result.

Hi dflammer,

Since the ink is in the correct order and the ink is still backflowing, there may be a issue with the print head. I would normally advise that you get the printer serviced but the IP4000 has been retired and service/parts are no longer available.

You would qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. 

Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements