cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iX6850 B200 error

MainlyWild
Apprentice

Why is it that every time I want to do some printing 80%  of the time I get the error B200 and then spend most of the day trying to get it working again following all of the suggestions , I had an EPSON printer for 11 years and had no problems ( just wore it out ) buying this Pixma ix6850 is the worst thing I could have done as I have had nothing but problems from day one , and why does it spend 10 minutes clanking and clanging and wasting my ink every time I turn it on 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MainlyWild,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Abrown
Apprentice

I too have MX560, in fact 2 of them. I retired and didn't use for a while, now both having B200 errors. I spent 2 hours cleaning print heads (without getting electronics wet). Still not resolved.

Tried cleaning heads with alcohol water mixture, soaking head and putting mixture on ink ports (incoming), then took actual head off from ink holder assembly - used solution to clean ports on top of head a well.

Also tried shfting print assembly back and forth with lid lifted - gave me a head clean process - but then went back to B200.

Anything else i can try?????

blytle
Apprentice

Looks like the B200 error is a common generic error that Canon support does not want to deal with. Their approach is to try and sell you a more expensive printer at a 10% discount from their list price with free shipping. If you live far from a large city then that is your choice, othwise places like Best Buy will beat the Canon discount. My current PIXMMA MX922 lasted 19 months before the B200 error. My previous three Canon PIXMMA printers typically lasted 2-3 years before B200. I have had similar experiences with HP and Epson but not lately. My Samsung Laser Printer of eleven years, continued working until the latest Windows 10 variant would not acknowledge it. I replaced it with a Canon ImageCLASS. I supposed I need to get an extended warranty for it.

Alumainkster
Contributor

B200 error code is a result of print heads not being cleaned due to under or over use of printer.  SOLUTION: Unplug printer as suggested.  Open panels to reveal ink cartridges. Remove ink cartridges and slide top retaining bracket to the left to reveal ink wells.  Use rubbing alcohol and plenty of Q-Tips to clean ink wells & printer cartridges.  Let sit for 2 hours or longer so all alcohol dries.  Put ink cartridges back in place and turn on machine.      

sduser
Apprentice

I’ll just add my 2c to the replies you’ll already find here. In my case the B200 error was returning even after the lift cover/turn ON/lower cover after carriage passes the halfway point solution. I had cleaned the printhead once a few years back, so was already somewhat acquainted with the process. This time around removing the printhead and soaking it (wi distilled water, then again wi distilled water + some ammonia), for  better than a day, then allowing to sit & dry, then installing all new ink cartridges except for one,,, did NOT resolve the error. So I did it all again, this time using distilled water and isopropyl alcohol (abt 50-50), 4x, with some rinsing between baths, AND the use of a syringe & plastic hose aimed at the ink orifices, another complete drying, and then some compressed air directed at both the orifices and the nozzles, and then being careful to ensure to re-install the printhead in the carriage making sure it was fully & firmly seated, and then replacing the one cartridge I hadn’t replaced the first time. Now the printer is working fine again.   Lesson learned: I needed to get aggressive with the printhead cleaning, even after it was rinsing clean and I thought I had all the ink out. The Pixma is about 10+yo.  FNO, I’m going to be careful to print something at least 1x/wk and do a nozzle cleaning 1x/mo. 

caracasmc
Apprentice

So, I also got the dreaded B200 error on my Canon MX922.  I did the printer head cleaning process as seen on YouTube and suggested in other comments.  Afterward, printer started up and actually allowed me to do an Alignment test successfully.  As soon as I attempted to print a document though, bam, B200 error again.  

Here's what I did to fix it and so far, after several medium size print runs, it has NOT come back.

1. Deleted the old Canon printer from my MacBook Pro under System Settings/Printers.
2. Downloaded and installed the latest driver package from Canon website.
3. Plugged my printer into my MacBook via the USB cable (I previously had the printer in another room and printed via WiFi only).
4. Entered the Canon Utility and ran a Deep Cleaning cycle.  
5. After all the above, I was able to print normally.  I did two medium size print jobs (5-10 pages each, 2-sided) without issue.
6. For good measure, I reset all the printer settings from the printer itself and re-entered my WiFi settings.
7. I then printed a test page from my phone via WiFi and it also worked.  

I will update if the error returns. As for now, I'm able to print normally again.  Hope this helps someone.

Announcements