cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iX6850 B200 error

MainlyWild
Apprentice

Why is it that every time I want to do some printing 80%  of the time I get the error B200 and then spend most of the day trying to get it working again following all of the suggestions , I had an EPSON printer for 11 years and had no problems ( just wore it out ) buying this Pixma ix6850 is the worst thing I could have done as I have had nothing but problems from day one , and why does it spend 10 minutes clanking and clanging and wasting my ink every time I turn it on 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MainlyWild,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MainlyWild,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This has happened (B200)  with my 2-½ year old, occasionally used Pro 1. Technical call informed me that I had a hardware failure and there was no repair for it...I’ll have to buy a new one! 

That is a totally unacceptable and unbelievable answer for a $1000 piece of equipment. If I am going to have to replace it, it will not be with a Canon printer. 

Tech service was casual, and if that’s the response to these types of issues, it makes me question the “dedication” of Canon to market, and service, high quality equipment. I am a very unhappy customer at this point and feel cheated and ignored by the company.

other than unplugging it with the power on, the tech suggestion, is there anything else I can do to salvage this printer?

@Rcl18 Well Canon did call me back 18 hours later, and the rep, Ziba, took a lot of time researching it on her end. Then she said she was taking the issue to her team and would call me back. So maybe they have improved after receiving comments like yours. Hope so.

B200 error code is a result of print heads not being cleaned due to under or over use of printer.  SOLUTION: Unplug printer as suggested.  Open panels to reveal ink cartridges. Remove ink cartridges and slide top retaining bracket to the left to reveal ink wells.  Use rubbing alcohol and plenty of Q-Tips to clean ink wells & printer cartridges.  Let sit for 2 hours or longer so all alcohol dries.  Put ink cartridges back in place and turn on machine.   

Steveng27
Apprentice

So I'm trying to print 100 envelopes, and like always, my li'l MX922 is hummin' right along.  Then, the dreaded B200 shows up!  This is what happened to my last Canon years ago.  It just stopped working, and I eventually threw it out.  The window.  But I decided to try to get this thing to get me through this one print job.  So in desperation, here is what I did:

>>> Turn the printer off.

>>> Open printer cover and the bottom part where the ink goes.

>>> Unplug the printer from power.

>>> Browse Auto Trader for a couple of minnutes, since I'm in the market for a new(er) ride. This part is optional, I guess.

>>> Grab the ink carriage with two fingers and slide it back and forth a couple of times, about an inch or so.

>>>Leave everything open.

>>> Plug in the power

>>> Press "Power" button to turn it on.

>>>As it cycles, it'll display a message letting you know that the cover is open.  That's a good sign.  Close the cover.

>>>If it continues through the startup process, it should resume printing.

BUT!!!

>>>If you were printing a multi-page job, it will re-start that job from the beginning.  So adjust accordingly.

After 20 or 30 pages, I got the B200 error agin.  I repeated the steps, and it worked fine.

I have no idea which one of these seemingly useless steps was actually the thing that made it work, but that is what I did, and this little process made it work.  I probably need to look at replacing my MX922, since it's maybe five years old.  But I needed these envelopes printed TODAY, and this sequence made it work.

Good luck!

@steveng27 Your fix sounded good, since my ink cartridge never moved very far from the right side. I had used another person's fix before, which had you shut the cover as the cartridge was moving, and that did not help me. So I thought yours would. However now, my printer does not even turn on. At least the amber/green pair of 4 flashes has stopped, lol.

Does anyone have an answer for that? (does not turn on when I push the power button). And yes, I have checked the electricity cord's fitting at both ends - into the printer and into the power bar outlet.

It didn't work for me. Cleaned the head (running hot water and soaking at 95C), replaced 2 cartridges with blinking lights. The same code. Followed the instructions, but after I closed the cover, the faulty code was back. Please advise.

Steveng27
Apprentice
Today is January 10, 2019 and the B200 code has not come back. But I've only been printing 2 or 3 page jobs.

Steveng27
Apprentice

It happened again, now foru months later.  I repeated the same steps I indicated before, and it's now printing again.

Announcements