cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B200 U052 - Errors that signal the end

paterbil
Apprentice

After two years of relatively smooth printing, my multifunction MX890 began to have the B200 error message.

Goggle it, there are some nice work arounds...

"I have established a workaround that has put trouble free life back into many supposedly 'broken' printers.

1. Turn OFF Power
2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)
3. Turn ON power
4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
6. Leave the Printer turned on
7. Good to go.

(Very occasionally I have had to do this twice in a row to get past the error)"

There is nothing, however from Canon, such as .....

Sorry folks, we obviously have a problem here we are not going to address, or maybe we are, but we aren't going to do anything to help you current owners out.

So we work around until we get the new message....U052....the wrong printhead snuck into your house, kicked the old printhead out, and is hiding in your printer.....and I found it and have disabled the printer until you fix it.

So, Google it and you may find.....

"Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on

Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges

Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display

Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and wait for one minute

Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button

Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges

Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.
Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print a print job from the computer "

which didn't work for me, and based on the various posts, the Canon reaction is:

...you thought you fooled us with the b 200 workaround, well, guess again...

So, Trick me once, shame on you, trick me twice shame on me.....

So specifications and reviews and shiny boxes mean nothing when a company does not stand by and service what it sells, or corrects a problem of its own making.

For a $100 printer needing a silly part, there goes a camera, camcorder, some lenses, a stock purchase, a reputation...

If you don't care, why should I?   See you in front of the HP display...

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements