cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5200 Printing error, MX340. Tried all the steps to correct

csb
Apprentice

Can any one give me an answer other than unplugging and restarting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I got the answer from someone on the Canon Forum. Thank goodness for the forum.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hi csb!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon equipment you're using, any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

I got the answer from someone on the Canon Forum. Thank goodness for the forum.

I need help.  I have a Canon MX340.  Error 5200. Windows XP and connected by USB.  How do I fix?

How do I get to the solution.  When I click on go to solution nothing comes up.  Error 5200 canon 340MX

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mdura,

Please follow the steps below to try and clear the error.

1: Switch off printer

2: Press and hold STOP button for 2-3 secs

3: Press and hold ON button, and release the STOP button

4: While still holding ON button, press teh STOP button 5 times.

5: Now release all buttons

6: LCD screen will turn on and will be blank.

7: Give it a minute and turn the printer off, and then back on.

If the error is not resloved after following the steps above, the printer would need to be replaced. This model printer was retired and spare parts or service in no longer available.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade program.This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements