Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

226/526 compatibility

cobminor
Apprentice

Report Post      Today, 11:33 AM
Hi,

I have just moved from Canada to England and have fetched my Pixma MG 6100 with me. The cartridges for this are the 225/226. Europe uses the 525/526 cartridges in Canon printers instead. I have bought a 526 and the printer does not recognise it. I have swapped the chip over and it is still not being recognised. The cartridges look identical. I have not reset the chip but that is not the problem, I am not getting an ink low warning, just no recognition. Canon have said I need the proper cartridge but I don't believe them. Anyone have any idea? Thanks for looking.

Edit,

It is actually a 6120.

Edit/Delete Message
4 REPLIES 4

tdarling
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem.  Waiting to see if someone will reply to this.  Ridiculous!

Tdarling,

I did find a place selling copy cartridges at a good price and so I bought about 12, they have been good enough so far.

SteMar
Apprentice

I've run into the same problem in Portugal with my MG5320. 

It makes it hard when you have deadlines for things that need to be printed, run out and spend the money for cartridges, and then the cartridges aren't even recognized!  Arggg!

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

Thanks in advance!!!

Steve

Ok, I snapped off the little integrated circuit chip from the old cartridge (226) and put in on the new cartridge (526) and then the printer recognized it. 

Still, there must be a better solution.  Hopefully, someone will come up with an easier workaround.

Thanks,

Steve

Announcements