cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 has error message and code C000.

jvan
Apprentice

MX 922 has error code C000. Have unpluged and rebooted. Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

This issue may occur when there is a loose object stuck inside the printer or if one of the ink tanks was not seated properly. Please try the following:

1. With the cover of the printer open, unplug the power from the back of the printer or the wall.

2. Look for any loose objects or packing material in the printer, clear if necessary.

3. Try gently moving the ink tank holder as close to you as possible. Try pushing the closest ink tank down. Once clicked into place, try moving the ink tank holder closer, repeat as needed. If you meet resistance, do not attempt to move the ink tank holder any further.

If the issue persists, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I didn't see a contact here, but checking printer for foreign object didn't work.  Restarting didn't work.  Printer still reads C000 error code.  Please Advise

I really appreciate you sharing this information!!  Nothing I did would dismiss the C000 error code until I saw your comments.  With the printer turned off, I carefully moved the ink tank holder to the left (with only slight resistence) in order to check each of the ink tanks.  They were all seated correctly EXCEPT ONE!!  Once I correctly seated it, I turned the printer on and, after a couple of minutes, I was then able to start using the printer again! 

It would have been nice if Canon would have  incorporated something in its error code system that identified that specific error.   For instance: "Error Code C000: Ink Tank Not Seated Properly."👍😊

Just one more comment.  I just noticed that I overlooked the answer to my problem on your support website (https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART140259), which, if I had taken the advice I would have found the solution earlier.  Between the support website and this canoncommunity website, there's a great deal of valuable information at our disposal.  Thank you again.

luckorskill
Apprentice

I was able to fix it in mine, so thought I'd post in case it helps someone. I bought a used MX922, the person said they haven't had any problems with it. When I plugged it in and changed the ink cartridges, got this error message. Tried to reseat the cartridges, checked all the areas to see if anything was jammed - nothing. Then I noticed that the whole assembly with the print head and the cartridges didn't easily move to the right. It moved to all the way to the left just fine, but something was preventing it from going to the right easily. I jiggled it a few times and was able to move it over to the right. Then I moved it back and forth a few times to make sure it was moving back and forth freely. Unplugged the machine and waited more than 5 minutes. Turned it back and on it seems to be working. Something must have been blocking the print head assembly from moving freely, maybe shifted during shipping. Not sure if this would be an issue others are experiencing, but figured I'd post it...

Thank you for posting this!  Your solution was the only one on the board that worked for my printer.  (Canon should take note of this and add adjustment of the carriage position all the way to the far right as a standard recommended solution for users with this problem.). Bravo!

Thank you very much for this advice!  I moved the printer tray all the way to the right, jiggled a couple times and powered on printer.  Bam, works again.  

Abroad
Apprentice
Thank you so much for this! I Could not get mine to work for anything. Then did your method (jiggled it) pretty heavily..and it finally moved all the way to the right (where it was revealed that my first ink cartridge wasn’t fully pressed in). Now it works like a charm again!

aj_chicago
Contributor

I, too, was only able to clear it by sliding the ink carriage back and forth, especially to the right. I could hear and feel a click if I sild it too far right and it would get stuck on the right and give a different error (started with a 5). But, after manipulating the ink carriage for a while and powering off/on a few times (failures), it decided to work. This, again, began after changing ink cartridges. Hmmmmm.

Announcements