cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf267 dw wont print

cooterp
Apprentice

set up completed succesfully but canon mf267dw defaults to fax when I try to print.  Windows 10 os,  first time set up

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi cooterp.

Try manually selecting the other entry for the MF267dw when printing.  If there is only one entry, remove it from your list of printers (Settings >> Devices >> Printers & Scanners >> select it, then click Remove Device), then run the latest driver installation (MF267dw Drivers & Downloads page).  This will add the printer back with both a Printer and Fax option.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Navy_Doc
Apprentice

I have a new MF267 DW printer.  I have downloaded the correct printer drivers from this site, turned off my Bitdefender anti-virus software, installed the drivers, and connected my printer directly to my Macbook (operating system is El Capitan - 10.11), using a USB cable.  When I attempt to print a Word document, and have selected the printer, the only thing that happens is that I see a black printer icon on the lower right of the screen, and if I click on that, is says "Printing - unable to get printer status" and then nothing happens.  If I repeat the process, it shows both jobs in the printer queue.  The ONLY way to get the printer to respond is to turn it off, then turn it on again.  It then prints all the pages it was holding in its queue.

I looked in /Applications/ to see if there was a printer utility that might need to be reset, but all I found was a utility for the scanner function, and I am nowhere near ready to tackle that option.

What do I do to make the printer start printing without having to resort to turning it off and on again?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hello Navy D

In this situation, you can try resetting the Mac's printing system and then adding the USB printer connection back to the computer. Click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners. You can right click on the blank portion of the printer list and then you can select the option to reset the printing system. After resetting the printing system, you can select the USB option for the printer and then you can click add.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements