cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF656Cdw won't print from paper tray, only manual feed

MysteryCompany
Apprentice

It won't print from the paper tray. Only accepts manual feed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Did you load paper in the main tray before turning it on for the first time?

Did you in turn perform the color calibration test when prompted.  This is part of the initial configuration.

Specifying Paper Size and Type in the Paper Drawer - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743C...

The settings on the printer and the Printer driver must match.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Did you load paper in the main tray before turning it on for the first time?

Did you in turn perform the color calibration test when prompted.  This is part of the initial configuration.

Specifying Paper Size and Type in the Paper Drawer - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743C...

The settings on the printer and the Printer driver must match.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

MysteryCompany
Apprentice

I wasn't looking for how to change the paper size, rather the problem I was having is that the manual feed was the default. However, getting me to the place where I realized there were additional pages to the home screen led me to the answer.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

The link I provided describes how to set the default paper type (source) in addition to changing the size.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements