cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF644Cdw says load paper but paper is in there

Pictures48
Apprentice

I have a Canon MF644Cdw. I had a paper jam, removed all the paper. Checked in back.

I reloaded the paper but it keeps telling me to load paper. .I have turned it off and back on. Not working 

3 REPLIES 3

dexman335
Rising Star

This is a shot in the dark:

Check the optioning that specifies the type of paper being used. I found that if I specified the wrong weight, my MF743, and my church's MF733, would tell me to load paper (even though the drawer was fully loaded).

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@dexman335 makes a good point.  You will get prompted for paper if the print settings do not match the paper type selected.  To test, you can open Notepad on windows or Notes on Mac and type a few words, then select print, and select plain paper.  

It might be a coincidence, but its also possible that a sensor might have been disturbed when a paper jam was removed.  Sometimes removing the paper trays/drawers, then re-inserting opening and closing the manual feeder can help.  Its easy to miss a torn corner in some cases when a jam is removed.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Pictures48,

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some additional feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. Which specific load paper message are you getting on the printer's display screen/computer screen?
  2. What size and type of paper are you trying to print on?
  3. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
Announcements