cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF236n not printing with latest driver installed

sonny56
Contributor

A REAL DISAPPOINTMENT CANON

I have had a problem with my MF236n printer suddenly not printing.  I was running OS Ventura on a 2019 iMac Retina without issues when it stopped printing for no reason.  I updated the driver to 10.11.11 which is current with no success.  I reluctantly updated the OS to Sonoma with all current updates installed and did have success with it printing on the iMac and a MacBook Air connecting with Bonjour.  I thought I dodged the Canon bullet.

I would be wrong!  ITs not printing still.  Giving me lighted Processing/Data messages on the menu keyboard.  It doesn't have any jobs spooled according to the Print Queue.  Is there something I'm missing about this printer?  Do i have to do some deep cleaning of printer spools somewhere?  Is this still a DARK ARTS to just use a printer with APPLE PRODUCTS in 2024???

4 REPLIES 4

sonny56
Contributor

Seeing how Canon doesn't reply to this post indicates to me that nothing is wrong and it must be user error.  I don't believe that, and now am looking to move on to another manufacturer.  I have used their products for years, but its time to look for something reliable and works with Apple.  I used to depend on Canon, but I've seen them slip in the pro photography market as well.  Adios!

Ron

Hello sonny56,

The Community isn't intended for immediate assistance. It is a platform where fellow Canon users share their knowledge and experience with using different Canon products.  If your question is urgent, click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options, including phone support.  This will link you to actual Canon product support.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE for support options.

Funny, I thought I was sharing my experience using Canon products in the year 2024.  I don't see much on Canon forum sites helpful to my issue, but I do see a lot more on Apple Forum and Reddit sites.  Thank you for your input but I am afraid its not helpful.

sonny56
Contributor

OK, it appears that all I needed to do was spend a lot more time reading posts on Apple Community forums to figure out that this parinter driver must be removed in order to use the printer when Apple forces the user into upgrading to AIRPRINT whether you want to or not.  Why didn't I just know that?

Announcements