cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS D420 windows 11 driver???

ffejvt
Apprentice

Hello.Just purchased a new Dell tower and am bummed that my trusty imageCLASS D420 will not work with windows 11(at least i don`t think as i cannot find an 11 driver.Much obliged if anyone knows a way i can get them to communicate.BIG thanx!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

To use the D420 with a Windows 11 computer, you can download the Windows 10 drivers and software using the link found HERE. The drivers will work with your Windows 11 computer.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

jalloway
Apprentice

I'm running into the same issue.  HP has the new drivers posted on their website - why doesn't Canon?

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

To use the D420 with a Windows 11 computer, you can download the Windows 10 drivers and software using the link found HERE. The drivers will work with your Windows 11 computer.

Hi Hector - thanks for the reply.  I am able now to connect to the printer with a USB cable, but through my wired network.  Is there a factory reset procedure so I can reset all of the network features?

YESSSS Hector.i figured that out last week.works like a charm.THKU soooo much for reply man!

This did NOT work for me.

Windows 10 drivers do not work for me on a Windows 11 HP Pavilion, installing as a local printer.  Printer installs but does not print test page, nor a Word document. Document just stays in print queue.

Addition by JustDon: My problem has been solved.  Here is what I think I did wrong.  First, I had the printer plugged in to the PC and turned on when I ran setup.exe to install the drivers.  Second, I tried to install it in LPT1, the parallel port when it needs a USB port.  With the drivers improperly installed, there was no choice of a USB port.  Properly installed, a port named USB001 was added to the port list. An aside:  I read that some older printers can't run on the new high speed USB ports, but after I installed it in a USB 2.0 port, I moved it to a "super speed" usb port and it worked fine.  So yes, the ImageClass D420 can be installed on a Windows 11 PC (mine is a HP Pavillion) using the Windows 10 drivers, as Hector said, but if you don't install them correctly, you may mistakenly conclude it won't work.

I tried that link several times. Installing, uninstalling, shutting down the computer restarting, etc. The windows 10 version did not work on my new Windows 10 HP All In One computer.

Sorry, I mean Windows 11 computer.

Announcements