cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image CLASS MF249dw in operation for 4 yrs. - new issue - prints but doesn't scan

SRSflyer
Apprentice

have an image CLASS MF249dw that is about 4 years old. I am running windows 10 and connected by USB.

Until recently, I had no issues with scanning. Recently I got an error when attempting to scan from the printer.

When using the latest version of MF Scan utility, I get a Scan Gear dialog box "Cannot communicate with the scanner, the cable may be disconnected, or the scanner may be turned off. Check the scanner status and try again. Scanner driver will be terminated. Code: 155,0,0"

I have gone through the process of downloading the latest Canon drivers and before attempting to install I completely delete/uninstall all the Canon drivers, restart the computer, and then do a fresh install of the latest drivers/software.

Any legitimate help/suggestions are appreciated

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If you are getting that message, it could be caused by security software blocking the connection, another device interfering with scanning via USB.. 

If you are using Windows 10 I would suggest by turning off an security software running on the computer and then restarting MF scan utility to see if you get the same error. If you do get the same error, you can try closing the software and then moving the USB cable to another port on the computer and then opening the software again. If possible, plug the 249 directly into the computer and avoid any USB hubs.

If the software still gives you errors while scanning, it would usually point to something blocking the scanner connection or files missing from the computer. The hardware should be fine if you can print through the USB connection. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist checking what might be causing the issue.

Announcements