cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iR 3570 appears to be offline on one workstation, but is online for everyone else

markomus
Apprentice
Summary: After a change over in ISPs (and a new router), one of the workstations on the network can't print to its network printer except a test page. All other devices do not exhibit this problem. Open to suggestions to get the workstation to print again ---the longer story--- I'm administering a network shared between two offices. The master office, where all the ISP goods are, recently decided to switch ISPs. This, in turn, meant a new router (Ubee DDW36C ver 3.22.1, software ver 8.22.1016 complements of TWC). I dutifully setup the router and, with the usual expected fallout and troubleshooting, got the network to run. Everything is hunky dory except for the mentioned issue What I've done so far: After making sure I had the most recent driver (UFRII_v14.0.2_x64) for the right OS (Windows 7 x64), I also made sure we were updated fully on the Windows side of things. I reinstalled the driver and rebooted, which worked initially, but in the long run the workstation can only print a test page to the printer. No other application can print. In Devices and Printers, it shows up, is checked green for default device, but is greyed out. I tried restarting with only the driver for the printer, Microsoft's essential stuff, and Bitdefender Small Business services enabled. Still no dice The iR 3570 is set to a static IP and the router is, as far as I can tell, correctly configured, as other workstations are able to print [network details: the network starts at the router, which connects directly to the main office's printer (static IP) and a Cisco/Linksys SD208 switch, which distributes traffic to all but one workstation in that office. A link line connects said switch to the other office via a Cisco SLM2024 switch. That switch manages traffic for that office and the remaining workstation in the first office (I DIDN'T SET IT UP! (^: )]
1 REPLY 1

SamanthaW

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area! 

Announcements