09-20-2013 05:34 PM - edited 09-20-2013 05:35 PM
The imageCLASS MF4380dn was not released by Canon USA in the United States, but was distributed in other markets such as Canada, Europe and Australia. I would recommend to referring to the Canon support group for your geographical area to ensure the proper support application is being used for your product. However. I will be happy to offer some assistance.
The closest US model would be the imageCLASS MF4370dn. The recommendation when the error occurs with this model is to perform a reset the product. If you have not done so already, please attempt to reset your laser printer as outlined below:
1. Disconnect the power cord attached to your machine while "on" for up to 10 minutes.
2. Reconnect the power cord for the unit and plug it into a different known working outlet direct to the wall (not a surge/power strip) to ensure it is receiving full power.
4. Once your unit has initialized, confirm an error is not displayed in the LCD.
If unresolved, please refer to your Canon support contacts for further assistance and whether a firmware update may be available to address the issue or if service may be required.
In case helpful to you, here are direct links to the product page for your laser product:
- if your product was purchased in Canada, you can visit the product page for your laser device on the Canon-Canada website, www.canon.ca.
- if your product was purchased in Australia, you can visit the Canon-Australia website, www.canon.au.
- if purchased in Europe, you can visit the Canon-Europa website, www.canon-europe.com
I hope this is helpful to you.