cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon mx472 won't copy from adf. a message saying place paper on the platen glass keeps coming up.

sekennedy7
Apprentice

My canon mx472 won't copy from adf. a message saying place paper on the platen glass keeps coming up. It's always worked in the past. It is detecting the paper. i can hear it beep when i put the paper in the adf. I downloaded and installed the latest firmware.  I went into the settings and clicked default on all the screens.  I don't see a setting that will let me choose to default to using the adf.  I also unplugged it for about 15 minutes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

janekaye
Apprentice

I had this same issue. If the Copy Intensity setting is on "Auto," the scanner won't work from the ADF. If your printer is set to "Auto," try setitng it to "Manual" through the settings menu on the printer itself and see if that does the trick.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

janekaye
Apprentice

I had this same issue. If the Copy Intensity setting is on "Auto," the scanner won't work from the ADF. If your printer is set to "Auto," try setitng it to "Manual" through the settings menu on the printer itself and see if that does the trick.

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Thank You!!

This worked for me (after I had tried many other "solutions" that didn't work).

Announcements