cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF8580Cdw Copies Printing Out Very Light

MRUSSO2285
Apprentice

I have a canon image class mf8580cdw printer and my copies are printing out very light even after I installed new aftermarket cartridges. I have done the maintenance procedure and the result is the same. Can you help me find out what the problem is. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, MRUSSO2285!

Copying is just one of the functions your imageCLASS MF8580Cdw can do.  Are you also encountering the same problem when you print a document from your computer or mobile device?  If so, please let us know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof) or mobile device (Android or iOS). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for your reply, yes I have been experiencing the same problem when printing from my mobile device also. I am using Windows 10 Pro on my computer and Apple Iphone 11. When I checked the ink levels on my printer the levels were all OK. Today I replaced all 4 of the cartridges with ones from the same manufacturer and the copies printed out have improved to almost the same colors from the original document. I don't know if there is anything else I can do to improve the print quality going forward. Please advise if you have any other solutions. Thank you. 

Hello,

If switching out the toner cartridges improved the copy quality, it will usually mean the hardware is fine and there was a problem with the previous toner cartridges. Now that the quality has improved, you can try correcting the gradation to see if it improves the print quality further.

Ok thank you for your reply. I will try to do a full adjustment to see if the print quality improves. 

Announcements