cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't print teal

Chuck78
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a new Canon color Image CLASS LBPb22Cdw laser printer. I've used it less than a handful of times. Today I tried to print teal, but it prints blue. I'm using a Mac with the latest updated software. 

What do I need to do to print teal? 

Thank you.

CS

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, CS!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which applications you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I'm printing from Word. It is something specific to this printer. My ink jet printer is also a Canon (pixma) and I never had any problem printing this color with it.

Thank you for the link. There does not seem to be an answer in the knowledge base, at lease I'm not using terms the search engine understands. 

Hi, Chuck78.

When printing, CMYK blending is what determines the color placed on the page.  In the case of Teal, the CMYK result is a combination of the light blue (Cyan, or C), magenta (M), and some black (K) toner or ink.  If it's printing out as blue, and another printer produces the correct color, then the magenta toner in the LBP622Cdw is the next place to check.  Remove the magenta toner cartridge, rock it gently to redistrubte the toner inside, then reinsert it, close the printer, and try printing again.

If the problem persists, you may also try performing cleanings to restore good print quality.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements