cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I try to scan a document on my MF8050cn, I get a "Connect Computer" error.

h_rankin
Apprentice

When I try to scan a document on my MF8050cn, I get a "Connect Computer" error.  I am running Windows 8.  My device is directly connected to the computer.  I can print from the computer to the printer without issue.  I get this error when using the controls on the device. 

If I try to use the MF Toolbox - Scan Function controls, I get the following error message: "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.  Choose 'Switch To' to activate the busy program and correct the problem."  When I click "Switch To", it brings me to the Windows 8 tiles screen but does not resolve the issue.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi h_rankin.

I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and software.  Please follow the steps below to perform the operation:

1.  Unplug the USB cable from the printer.

2.  Press the Windows key and 'x'.

3.  Select 'Control Panel'.

4.  Select Devices and Printers.  The Devices and Printers window opens.

5.  In the Devices and Printers window, right click on the MF8000 Series and select 'Remove' to delete the printer.  Delete all of the icons for the MF8050Cn.

6.  Close the Devices and Printers window then press the Windows key and 'x'.

7.  Select 'Control Panel'.

8.  Select 'Programs and Features'.

9.  Double click on driver to uninstall.  Follow the on screen prompts.  Repeat to uninstall the MF Tool box.

10.  Restart you computer.

Once your computer restarts, please follow these steps to download and install the drivers and the MF Toolbox from Canon's web site:

1.  Visit our web site at: http://www.usa.canon.com.

2.  After clicking SUPPORT & DRIVERS in the top right corner, select your model in the following manner:

a.  From the first menu, select CONSUMER & HOME OFFICE.

b.  From the second menu, select PRINTERS & MULTIFUNCTION.

c.  From the third menu, select your series, IMAGECLASS SERIES.

d.  From the fourth menu, click DRIVERS & SOFTWARE under imageCLASS MF8050Cn.

3.  Click the drop-down arrow and change the operating system to Windows 8 (x64).

4.  Click on 'DRIVERS', then click on [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF8050Cn MF Drivers file. 

5.  Click on I Agree - Begin Download on the next page.

6.  When the Save As box comes up, choose Desktop and click Save. 

7.  Once the download is complete, click on 'I Decline- Go Back' and you will return to the previous page.

8.  Click on 'SOFTWARE', then click on the [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1 file.

9.  Click on I Agree - Begin Download on the next page.

10.  When the Save As box comes up, choose Desktop and click Save. 

11.  Once the download is complete, close all windows.

12.  Double click the [ToolBox_4911mf16_Win_EN.exe ] file on the Desktop.  Follow the prompts to install the MF Toolbox.

13.  Double click the [MF8050Cn_MFDrivers_W64_us_EN_2.exe] files to decompress them.  A new folder will be created on the Desktop.  The new folder has the same name as the decompressed file.  Double-click the decompressed Setup.exe file to start installation.

14.  Once that window goes away, connect the USB cable from the MF8050Cn to the computer.  Installation will complete.

Wait a few minutes then scan a document using the MF Toolbox.

If you still experience any errors, or need any further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666). 

Have a good day.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I hav e the same problem. Reinstalling the drivers did not help.

Perhaps you should consider the directions exactly as listed above. Tried a simple driver re-install, and it didn't work, but I found success when I followed the step-by-step instructions.

Announcements