Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

What does "recommend new C-CRT" mean on the Cannon Pixma MX310 message display?

I have a pixma all in one printer.  Yesterday I sent a fax with no problems.  Later in the day I tried to send the same fax to another number but it wouldnt send.  I get a message in the display window that says "Recommend new C-CRT". 

I don't have a clue what that means.

Can you help?

Thanks Phyllis Dottery

Respected Contributor

Re: What does "recommend new C-CRT" mean on the Cannon Pixma MX310 message display?

I think it means cyan cartridge...you may be out of ink.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Product Expert

Re: What does "recommend new C-CRT" mean on the Cannon Pixma MX310 message display?

Hello.

This error indicates that the color cartridge is empty and needs to be replaced.  Please install a new CL-31, CL-41 or CL-51 cartridge to clear this error and resume normal operation of the unit.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

I thank you for Your reply, but the color cart nor the black cartridge is the problem. Their both full.
Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello.

If you continue to have difficulties, we would have to advise that you contact our support group over the phone by calling 1-800-OK-CANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.