cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print to Canon IR-ADV 2030 after installing OS X Mavericks

ivesrussell
Apprentice

After a user upgraded to OS X Mavericks, he lost the ability to print to a Canon IR-ADV 2030.  The computer still shows that the printer is properly installed and maintains the "Idle" designation.  However, once a print job is started, the print queue shows that the printer is not responding.

I was able to successfully ping the printer through the terminal and was also able to successfully add the printer on a different Mac that was also running OS X Mavericks.

I have tried completely removing and reinstalling the drivers for the printer but have had no success.  Also, the machine is able to print to other printers that were added previously with no issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Hi ivesrussell!

Thanks for posting! Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

pal_noc
Contributor

Hi ivesrussel,

I had the same problem, until I found out that there are new drivers. I think I found them on the Canon website.

After installing them I had no problem.

Hope that helps.

Announcements