cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to my ImageClass MF733 CDW

lenghui
Apprentice

Dear support,

I have a new network router and need to change the network setting, but i don't remember the login/pwd.  How can I reset my ImageClass MF733 CDW?  I have read several of your posts about using 7654321 for both id and password.  they didn't work.

I have a network of 12+ devices (PCs, laptops, network router, phones, NAS, switches, access points, etc.) and my Canon printer is by far the hardest one to change/reset.  It does not make sense.  Canon need to simplify this simple need for any admin.  Please pass this feed back to your design team.  Tell them I have been at it for over two hours!

Hope to hear from you soon.  Thank you.

L

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

While I understand your delimma, its actually your responsibility to manage and maintain access to your network and connected devices. 

Its unfortunate you have forgotten your PW.  In this case, a factory reset  will allow you to regain or recover control of the device.  Sorry, but this is not the manufacturers responsibility.

Take the neccessary steps to avoid this moving forward.  You'll save yourself a buch of frustration and time. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrice
Whiz

Hi lenghui.

If the default System Manager ID and PIN are not working, we will be glad to assist you with resetting the printer.

Please contact our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions Group at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause; however, these steps need to be provided by phone with a technician assisting you through it.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements