cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toner smears and speckles on printed pages of MF632CDW

due-north
Apprentice

Trying to troubleshoot how to fix toner smears and speckles on every page printed from our MF632CDW.  At the top of every page we get a few lines of yellow, and the occasional yellow speckle on each page.   This has been happening for over a month, and is usually just a nuisance, but doesn't affect us from printing things legibly.  More recently though, the magenta toner is smearing in random spots with 100's of speckles across the entire page.   This is making it impossible to use any printed material.

We have tried all cleaning options available in the maintenance menu, and have printed over 50 pages to see if successive tries will reduce the issue, but no success.

The patterns with magenta are not consistent on each page.  For reference, I've attached a copy of a printed page to show what we are seeing typically.   It is only occuring on the printed side of the page.Print example.jpg

My questions:

i)  Obvious one - is there a way to resolve the issue!

ii) Is there a way to print in black only without the yellow or magenta cartridges in (just to allow us to print things for now without all the speckles etc).

iii) Is there any way to determine if new toner cartriges would resolve this, or is there somewhere in the printer body itself we should be looking to clean?

iv) Is there any good guide on how to properly clean a Canon toner cartridge for issues like these?  I've seen many videos on toner refill, but nothing on cleaning for issues like this.

Thank you very much in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Are you using Canon Toners?  If not, start there...  Use OEM Toners.

After that, see this:

Printing Results Are Not Satisfactory - Canon - imageCLASS MF735Cdw / MF733Cdw / MF731Cdw / MF634Cdw...

There are several possible causes, many might be covered under one of the headings in the link I posted above.

Paper, toner, Fixing assembly, etc. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Not true, Rick. It only postpones the problem starting again by a few months - at triple the cost. I've been dealing with this for 3 years now.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Due-north,

The print looks like there is toner power that has leaked inside of the printer or there is a hardware problem. You can try cleaning the fixing assembly or the transfer belt. You can also try removing the toner cartridges to see if there is any toner powder that has leaked into the printer interior.

If you do not see any loose toner power to clean up or if cleaning the transfer belt or fixing assembly does not resolve the issue, it looks like the printer needs service. You can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666 or use the link provided HERE to check what service options you have.

Doesn't work either, because it KEEPS leaking out. I've tried it all. The printer is a piece of crap and so is Canon. I've been through this too many times to count with this printer.

Lesley1
Apprentice

I have had the exact same problem since almost the beginning. I can assure you that buying the expensive Canon cartridges will NOT solve this problem. I was told to use the original Canon cartridges and all they do is postpone the length of time before it happens by a few months and then you have to keep replacing the $90 toner cartridges because they run out after spewing all over your black & white copies, to add insult to injury. I almost never (maybe 5 pages a year) make color copies yet 3 out of the 4 are empty within less than a year? Give me a break!! Your black and white copies are held hostage by the color toner cartridges. These printer manufacturers have been intentionally sabotaging their printers in order to force customers to buy their expensive brand name toner cartridges and the only thing that will stop them is a class action lawsuit. At this point I am going to toss mine in the trash and buy a different brand- probably monochrome only.

LordMoose
Apprentice

I know its been a long time, but my solution was to verify the paper weight. My heavy weight paper caused a ton of smearing using the standard weight setting.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements