cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF634Cdw Toner low message - with Canon carts

TheConnection
Contributor

ImageClass MF634CDW, we always get toner low messages and it will not print even with official Canon cartridges. I am ready to throw it off the roof, this is BLEEP!!! Anyone??

8 REPLIES 8

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can also contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666.

1. Do you get a low toner message the moment you load the toner or does it appear after processing a few prints?
  2. What is the full message you get on the printer display or computer for the toner and what color does it point to?
  3. Are you using the standard toner cartridges or the High capacity tanks?

TheConnection
Contributor
From the user:
  1. The message shows up 4-5 days after the new cartridge is installed
  2. I don't see this particular message right now - it pointed to black and then yellow color
  3. Standard

TheConnection
Contributor

Hello? 

TheConnection
Contributor

Still waiting for the "happy help"...

Hello! 

Welcome to the Canon Community Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is urgent, click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

Please click HERE to find your support options if you're outside of the USA.

TheConnection
Contributor

10 days ago I answered the question from Canon's support person...I still have no reply to my reply. That is hardly "immediate". Still waiting for answers.

Oh, and when I did try to call for support, I am told the issue "cannot exist". That the cartridges "have to work" if they are legit Canon. They are 100% legit and the issue most certainly DOES exist.

Hello,

I can understand how the issue can be frustrating. There could be a couple of factors that can be a part of the issue. If the toner shows that it is low after 4-5 days, it could be caused by the level in the toner cartridge or a problem with the hardware. You can check the printer's toner level using the steps in the link HERE to see where the level is for a specific color. You can also change the settings for the toner replacement message. You can change it to lower toner level percentage if the percentage is too high.

<Menu>  <Preferences>  <DisplaySettings>  <Display Timing for Cart. Prep.>  Select <Off> in <Auto>   Enter toner level in <Custom> 

To assist further we would need some more information about the toner and the specific messages you get. What model toner cartridges are you using? Also, since it has been over 4-5 days since the last post, have you run into the problem with the toner? If so, what specific messages did it show for the toner or the toner level? When you check the toner level now, what does it show for the amount?

TheConnection
Contributor

She just replaced the carts recently and it says Yellow is "at the end of its lifetime", it is most definitely not. I changed settings as per the above. Carts are Canon branded. 

Announcements