cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner on Canon MF210 printer is not working

danieljbruce
Apprentice

I am trying to scan an image using my Canon scanner.

It scans and shows a preview, but does not save a file. Instead I get a message on the scanner that matches the text shown below.

Remote Scanner

------------------------------------------

Waiting...

(Online)

Next, the message simply reverts to 'Select the scan type'. A screen shot is shown below containing the content I see on my computer.

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 10.23.07 PM.png

The problem is that the file never saves.

Operating system: macOS Mojave Version 10.14.3

Printer model: MF210

4 REPLIES 4

Patrice
Whiz

Hi danieljbruce.

It looks like you are using the Apple AirPrint scanner driver. When using this driver to scan, Overview will scan the image as a preview. To scan and save the image, you will need to click Scan, and then select the area of the document that you wish to scan. Next, click Scan again. The file should be saved in your Pictures folder. 

We recommend using the Canon MF Toolbox to scan documents. This program should have been installed when you installed the scanner driver from the website. To use the program, please open Applications > Canon MF Utilities > Canon MF Toolbox. For more information about scanning with the MF Toolbox, please click the link below:

Scanning with MF Toolbox

If you still experience an issue, or require further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I don't see any 'Scan' button. (See screenshot)

I found the solution.

In 'Printers & Scanners' on OSX, you want to choose 'Canon MF210 Series Fax' and not 'Canon MF210 Series'. This has a Scan button and will allow users to save the pictures.

Choose Canon MF210 Series FAX as shown below.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 11.24.59 PM.png

Announcements