cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF743Cdw Scanner PDF to JPEG

kailistewart
Apprentice

I scanned in multiple documents as a jpeg image with no problem and then one day it changed to uploading as PDF files. Is there a way to change the settings on the scanner to make sure the documents show up in my computer is images and not PDF files?

I have a Canon color imageclass MF743Cdw

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Kallistewart,

You can change the save settings for the scanner using the MF Scan utility on your computer. You would want to adjust the data format under save settings. You can set it as a jpeg or PDF. You can view the scan utility manual using the link HERE. 

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. Are you starting the scan from the operation panel on the printer or are you starting the scan using software on your computer?

I am running Windows 10 Pro and I am starting the scan from the printer screen

Hello,

You can scan from the operation panel using the steps in the link HERE. The option you select in step 5 will determine how the item is scanned. Each of the selections available will have their own settings for how the file is scanned and saved to your computer.

You can view the settings that are being used or you can change them from the MF scan utility. You can find the scan utility by clicking on the Windows icon in the lower left and in the list of installed programs, you will see a folder for Canon utilities. Once the scan utility is open, you can click on settings in the lower right to view what the scan options are set to. At the top of the Window that comes up, you can click on the icon that looks like the scanner and it will show you all of the save settings for the options that appear in step 5. You can adjust the file format to fit your needs or you can check which option is set to save as a jpeg.

If you are still having issues adjusting the settings, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help with the save settings.

Announcements