cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Says No paper When trying to print wirelessly

briankconner
Apprentice

I have a canon imageclass MF642cdw laser printer. When trying to print to it from either my laptop or other wireless options? It says out of paper so I go check the printer and it is asking for which tray I select number 1 and it prints. Prints just fine with a USB cable plugged in. It only says out of paper no other error messages. It connects to it and shows up as a printer. Just says out of paper when printing. Can someone tell me exactly what setting to fix this? I thought I had set all these already? 

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There are only 2 spots to set/specify this.

One is on the printer.

Specifying Paper Size and Type in the Paper Drawer - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743C...

The other is in the properties of the device you are printing from. 

Start by checking the settings on the printer and setting the default there.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello BrianKconner,

Other than the settings for the paper size, this issue can be caused by the driver used on your computer. If you are using a generic printer driver on your computer, you can usually print but, it can cause issues with the paper settings. If setting the paper size on the printer does not resolve the issue, you can try uninstalling the drivers for the printer and then you can download and install the printer driver from our support site using the link below.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/color-laser/canon-color-i...

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What paper size are you trying to print on?
Announcements