cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting new maintenance cartridge

mstratil
Enthusiast

I have just installed a new maintenance cartridge on my ipf 6400. But my status screen shows it to have 0 capacity left. What do I need to do to reset its capacity to 100%?

Mike 

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

A new maintenance cartridge should not be displayed as full out of the box.  Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I think you miss the point. I know it should not be showing full. And it is not full. But it is showing as full. 

So how do I correct this problem?

Hi mstratil!

The previous response was meaning that since this is not normal operation for the printer, it will require further assistance from our technical support team to determine what is going on and possible steps to resolve. You can reach out to them via email or phone at http://Canon.us/ContactCF and they'll be happy to help.

Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification. When I wrote my initial response, I had only had a chance to read the first sentence--it was the only one initially shown. Then I read all of it.

When I tried to use "Contact Us" I was routed to a procedure to contact a dealer. 

Why is this so hard?

I just want to know if there is some procedure I am supposed to fullow to reset a new maintenance cartridge and, if so, what it is.

A little guidance would be helpful. 

Announcements