cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for non-Canon toner cartridges for MF743CDW

upnorthdogs
Apprentice

Well i certainly didn't realize when I purchased my printer that my cartridges would cost almost as much as the original price of the printer.  Has anyone had good luck with any non-Canon cartridges?  

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I can't with good conscience recommend that you use a 3rd party toner.  Their quality and reliability can vary greatly.  I will say that peoples #1 gripe with the 743cdw was the cost of replacing its toners.  You and others were very surprised.  Have you tried costco?  Amazon also offers lower cost alternatives.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

upnorthdogs
Apprentice

Thanks for your response however I do not see the less expensive alternatives unless you're referring to the standard versus the high capacity cartridge.

crappinduck
Apprentice

Hey! Have you had any luck finding a decent generic 055 Canon cartridge replacement? I absolutely LOVE my Canon printers, however, the cartridge costs are out of control....literally almost as much as the printer. I have a MF743 that will not print decent color images with anything but canon original. I would be VERY willing to support Canon if they would only be just a LITTLE reasonable with their cart costs. $450/Set is not reasonable. 

Announcements