cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF858Cdw Driver Issues, Content Missing from Printouts

laraewing
Apprentice

My mf8580cdw has gradually become a doorstop.  Apparently Canon is no longer supporting this device.  I spent a lot of money on it about 10 years ago.  Now the drivers don’t work.  It won’t connect to my MacBook to scan.  When I try to print, the headlines print but the content beneath them does not.  The workaround for that is to convert the file to pdf.  That prints fine.  I am furious about this as I don’t want to have to buy a new printer.  But I have found no way around it. 

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, laraewing!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof), how your computer and your printer talk to each other (i.e. via a USB cable or via Wi-Fi), and which applications you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The MF8580 CDW is supported under windows and Mac OS. Curretly through both Windows 11 and Ventura.

What application are you printing from when this behavior occurs?

Does it happen with every document you print or just one/type?

When did it work last, has something changed since then?  LIke an operating system upgrade, etc?

shadowsports_0-1685628599959.png

Canon Support for Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

If you answer both Danny's questions and mine, we can make recommendations for next steps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements