cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF445dw Random Printing

kentholli
Apprentice

ImageCLASS MF445dw printing "GET ?eSCL/ScannerCapabilities HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost" many times a day wasting paper and i cant get it to stop!  I have reloaded the software multiple times.  Once it did stop until we had a brief power outage and now it is back and will not stop.  Using windows 11.  

12 REPLIES 12

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Kentholli,

The printer does not store jobs.so the issue could be caused by jobs in your print queue or poor communication between the computer and printer. In this situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help check where the print job is coming from.

Hello I Have the same problem with a Canon MF744Cdw in my office, the Printer is printing "GET /eSCL/ScannerCapabilities HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost" many times a day and wasting a lot of paper and i cant get it to stop! What can I do?

taraab1983
Apprentice

anyone find solutions, My printer is going through tons of paper

Hello,

The issue could be caused by a driver issue or a problem connecting via USB. In this situation, you can try reinstalling the recommended drivers for the printer using the link found HERE or switching from a USB connection to a network connection for the printer. If that does not resolve the issue, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666.

Thanks.  The newest download FINALLY took care of the extraneous paper usage.  Now since reinstalling the driver, our machine will not fax.  It was working fine before.  I did notice both previously and currently that the driver seems to replicate one of its functions on the Que.  For example, when I first installed it showed a printer and scanner.   Now it shows a printer and 2 scanners. 

Earlier we could use the printer both with USB connection and wirelessly (though I realize your manual says that is not possible).  Now we cannot do both, is there any way to get that capability again? 

Kent Holliday

Hello Kentholli,

The MF743 can't use a wireless network connection and an ethernet connection at the same time but, the printer can use wifi and USB at the same time. When you try to use the printer or fax now, do you get an error or what happens? If you get any specific message please let us know and we can assist further.

Hector,

one of the result messages from the fax report is: NG  #005.  I have reloaded the drivers several times with no result.  Will you take this machine and refund our money.  The time and trouble is just not worth it.  

Kent

Kent

Hello,

An NG result for faxes will point to a problem calling the fax number or a problem with the phone line connection. In this situation, You can try checking the fax line on the fax machine to make sure it is properly connected or try sending a fax to a different number to see if it goes through.

If that does not resolve the issue, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with the fax connection and can provide any service options.

berankis
Apprentice

I have same problem with Windows 11 and Canon i-SENSYS MF443dw. Everytime I restart pc or printer it prints "GET ?eSCL/ScannerCapabilities HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost"

Announcements