cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple tint on all documents and images ImageCLASSLBP622Cdw

JCassiW
Contributor

I just bought the Canon ImageCLASSLBP622Cdw when I hooked it up and finally started printing I noticed it was printing all my documents with a purple tint to them, I didn't want to mess with the settings because I didn't know what to change, I don't want to return it, but I don't know what else to do, please help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi, JCassiW.

To disable color management by the printer on Windows:

1. Open the printer driver (a.k.a. Printing Preferences). 

This will be found either through the Devices & Printers or Printers & Faxes list right-click menu, or through the Printers & Scanners Manage button for the printer.  It may also be accessed through the Windows System print window's Preferences button.

2. At the top of the Printing Preferences window, select the Quality tab.

3. Near the bottom of Quality, enable Manual Color Settings, then click on the Color Settings button.

4. At the top of the Manual Color Settings window, select the Matching tab.

5. At the top of the Matching tab, select No Color Matching, or the equivalent entry in the list of options.

6. Click Apply/OK to set that change, then click Apply/OK again in the main Printing Preferences window to save the change.

For Mac OS:

1. Open the Print window.  If the print window is in the compressed view, click on Show Details to expand the options to the right.

2. To the right of the preview, in the middle of the options, click on the Submenu drop-down menu.  By default this drop-down displays the name of the program from which you're printing.

3. Select Color Matching.

4. Set the matching to Color Sync.  This will cause the printer to rely on the program or applicaiton for its color information.

5. Change any other relevant settings, then click Print.

If these steps do not correct the problem, try adjusting the image quality settings using the printer's menus.  They may be found through:  Setting Menu List > Adjustment / Maintenance > Adjust Image Quality.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

@JCassiW wrote:

Yes it did, one more question do I need to uncheck {Application Color Matching Priority?}

Greetings,

Yes, if you want to disable color management in the printer driver.

See this

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please verify you have installed the toners into the correct slots on the toner tray and that you have not spilled any toner that might be transferring to the outputs.

Before installojg toner, its recommmended that you gently shake (side to side) to evenly distribute the toner.  After then are opened however, this is more difficult and the risk to spill increases.  May want to do this outside and have a can of compressed air handy.   

What type of paper are you printing on?  Does the problem occur with every print?

If you print a test pattern, what do you see.  It might be helpful if you included an example of what you are getting for us to see.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello

Yeah, I check to make sure the toners were in the right spot, I did shake them, and I'm using regular 20lb paper I got from Target I will insert pictures. It wouldn't bother me so much if the grays and pink didn't come out like purple. The top one is from an HP injet printer and the one under that is the canon.DSC_0176-2.jpg

example two the one on top with the hole punch is the hp inkjetDSC_0176-2.jpg

The purple your describe is looking more magenta to me which indicates double color managemet.  This means both the printer driver and the application or your OS is managing the color profile the printer is using.  This causes the colors to be off.

I have a feeling this is your problem.  The best way to fix is to disable all color managemet in the printer driver, and allow all control to be dictated by the application you are printing from. Hoping this will help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I don't know how to disable it

Hi, JCassiW.

To disable color management by the printer on Windows:

1. Open the printer driver (a.k.a. Printing Preferences). 

This will be found either through the Devices & Printers or Printers & Faxes list right-click menu, or through the Printers & Scanners Manage button for the printer.  It may also be accessed through the Windows System print window's Preferences button.

2. At the top of the Printing Preferences window, select the Quality tab.

3. Near the bottom of Quality, enable Manual Color Settings, then click on the Color Settings button.

4. At the top of the Manual Color Settings window, select the Matching tab.

5. At the top of the Matching tab, select No Color Matching, or the equivalent entry in the list of options.

6. Click Apply/OK to set that change, then click Apply/OK again in the main Printing Preferences window to save the change.

For Mac OS:

1. Open the Print window.  If the print window is in the compressed view, click on Show Details to expand the options to the right.

2. To the right of the preview, in the middle of the options, click on the Submenu drop-down menu.  By default this drop-down displays the name of the program from which you're printing.

3. Select Color Matching.

4. Set the matching to Color Sync.  This will cause the printer to rely on the program or applicaiton for its color information.

5. Change any other relevant settings, then click Print.

If these steps do not correct the problem, try adjusting the image quality settings using the printer's menus.  They may be found through:  Setting Menu List > Adjustment / Maintenance > Adjust Image Quality.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes it did, one more question do I need to uncheck {Application Color Matching Priority?}

and thank you!

@JCassiW wrote:

Greetings,

Yes, if you want to disable color management in the printer driver.

See this

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements