cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper installation of MF743Cdw

jbourbon
Contributor

Running OS 10.14.6 on a MacBook pro

The question I have is which driver do I select from the dropdown menu of the Add printer window

Secure AirPrint

or

AirPrint

or

Canon MF41C/743C

or

Canon MF41C/743C CARPS2

If I use auto select it wants to use Secure AirPrint. Will I get a better result by using the canon drivers and if so how do the two differ?

Thank you for your responses.

JB

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

either the

Canon MF41C/743C

or

Canon MF41C/743C CARPS2

Will work. 

The CARPS2 is bonjour specific. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jbourbon
Contributor
Thank you for your response. How are they different? Also when I used the secures AirPrint the first time (before installing newly downloaded Updated driver to install it automatically added the fax function. When I used the Canon m... driver it only loaded the printer. Can the fax be added later on?

Hi jbourbon.

The Airprint and SecureAirprint drivers are developed by Apple, and are intended to get printers working quickly.  They do not support all of the Canon software or all of the printer's functions.

CARPS, in this context, stands for Canon Advanced Raster Printing System.  It was originally developed for use on Windows operating systems, and converts print data to image data before exporting it to the printer.

In the case of Print To Fax function, the printer will need to be registered a second time using the Fax driver.  MF743Cdw Drivers & Downloads page

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements