cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF620-Series Printer won't scan and send to Mac Pro Wirelessly but will print wirelessly

patjbourg
Apprentice

Good morning,

For the small company I work for, the main office I typically work out of has a really nice big printer with the scanner option. And the printer is wireless which is awesome, I can print, but I cannot seem to figure out how to set up the scan function so the printer sends the scanned document to my Mac Book Pro. Is there some type of series of steps you guys could provide to me so I can get this figured out?

It would save me boat loads of time, I would be so very happy if this could be figured out.

My Mac is:

macOS Sierra

verison 10.12.6

Macbook pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 2.7 GHz intel core i5

and the printer is a Cannon MF620 C Series

Hope this infomation helps! Please help!! Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

Hi sdaris.

Please delete and re-register the scanner by following the steps at the link below:

Registering an MF Scan Utility Compatible Scanner

If you still continue to experience an error, please call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-866-261-9362 or 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That took care of it ...

Related question, on scanning to my MacBook I can choose custom 1 and custom 2.  Where do I change the settings and how can I rename them from custom to something else? 

Same problem here.

I can print wireless but cannot get the MFSCAN utility to find the scanner using Bonjour. If I type in the IP address I get a message that the specified printer is not supported. When I try and select the Network Scanner Settings from the pull down it is grayed out.

Mojave - clean install

MF4890DW

Any advice?

Hi mdemange.

I will be glad to assist you.

The MF4890dw supports scanning with the MF Toolbox software. The MF Scan Utility is not supported with this printer. Please perform a scan using the MF Toolbox. If you receive an error, please follow the steps below to register the printer for network scanning:

1.  Select [Applications] under [GO].

2.  Select [Canon MF Utilities] > [MF Toolbox 4.9]. You may receive an error that the scanner is not connected.  This is fine.

3.  Click [MF Toolbox] next to the Apple icon in the left corner of the screen and select [Network Settings].

4.  Select the [MF4800 Series], and then click on the [+] symbol and select [Add].

After the printer has been added, please try the scan again. If the issue persists, or you need further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements