10-10-2017 10:09 AM
For the small company I work for, the main office I typically work out of has a really nice big printer with the scanner option. And the printer is wireless which is awesome, I can print, but I cannot seem to figure out how to set up the scan function so the printer sends the scanned document to my Mac Book Pro. Is there some type of series of steps you guys could provide to me so I can get this figured out?
It would save me boat loads of time, I would be so very happy if this could be figured out.
My Mac is:
Macbook pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor 2.7 GHz intel core i5
and the printer is a Cannon MF620 C Series
Hope this infomation helps! Please help!! Thanks!
10-10-2017 03:15 PM
In order to scan wireless from your Mac, you need to download the Scanner Driver & Utilities V2.9.0 for Mac OS : Scanner Driver & Utilities V2.10.0 for Mac OS : 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13 file. Click HERE to access the download page. It will install the ScanGear driver. It will also install the MF Scan Utility scanning app.
To initially set up the network scanner on your Mac, follow this guide:
1. Open Applications, then select the Canon MF utility folder and choose to open MF Scan Utility (If no scanner found error appears, ignore it).
2. At the top left hand corner of your screen, next to the apple icon you'll see MF utility. Click on it and select network scanner setting from the drop down menu. Click on the plus sign (+) and select the your Canon model from the list, then click Add.
3. At the top of the screen, to the right of MF Scan Utility, click Scanner and select your Canon model from the drop down menu.
4. Attempt a scan.
10-18-2017 02:02 PM
10-20-2017 09:48 AM
When you scan using the buttons on the operation panel of your MF620 Series printer, by default, the scanned data is saved to your "Documents" folder. A subfolder named with the scanning date is created, and the data is saved to that folder. If you want to direct where the scanned data is saved on your computer, you will need to make this change using the MF Scan Utility.
Please follow these steps to change where the scanned data is saved when using the printer's operation panel to scan:
1. Open the MF Scan Utility program on yor computer.
Note: Open the hard disk you are using ->[Applications] ->[ Canon MF Scan Utility].
2. Click on "Settings..." (in the bottom right corner). The Settings dialog window opens.
3. Click on the Scanner tab (icon with a picture of a scanner with an arrow pointing down).
4. Click on one of the scanning buttons (i.e. "Color Scan", "B&W Scan", etc.).
5. In the "Save Settings" section, click on the down arrow for "Save in" then choose your location or "Add" to browse to a different location to add.
6. Click "OK".
Now when you scan using your printer's operation panel, the scanned data will be saved to the location you have pre-selected.
If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
11-16-2018 05:28 PM
I have a MacBook pro 10.14
I have the latest drivers installed, the scan utility up and running, version 1.8, and I have the printer showing in the product name.
I can scan FROM the MF Scan Utility.
I can print to the printer
I can email from printer
But I can't scan from the printer/scanner scan button to the MacBook.
The MF733 just give me an error when I try.
11-19-2018 06:13 PM
Please delete and re-register the scanner by following the steps at the link below:
Registering an MF Scan Utility Compatible Scanner
If you still continue to experience an error, please call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-866-261-9362 or 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).
11-19-2018 06:34 PM
That took care of it ...
Related question, on scanning to my MacBook I can choose custom 1 and custom 2. Where do I change the settings and how can I rename them from custom to something else?
01-05-2019 11:13 PM
Same problem here.
I can print wireless but cannot get the MFSCAN utility to find the scanner using Bonjour. If I type in the IP address I get a message that the specified printer is not supported. When I try and select the Network Scanner Settings from the pull down it is grayed out.
Mojave - clean install
01-21-2019 01:24 PM
I will be glad to assist you.
The MF4890dw supports scanning with the MF Toolbox software. The MF Scan Utility is not supported with this printer. Please perform a scan using the MF Toolbox. If you receive an error, please follow the steps below to register the printer for network scanning:
1. Select [Applications] under [GO].
2. Select [Canon MF Utilities] > [MF Toolbox 4.9]. You may receive an error that the scanner is not connected. This is fine.
3. Click [MF Toolbox] next to the Apple icon in the left corner of the screen and select [Network Settings].
4. Select the [MF4800 Series], and then click on the [+] symbol and select [Add].
After the printer has been added, please try the scan again. If the issue persists, or you need further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).