cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF620-Series Printer won't scan and send to Mac Pro Wirelessly but will print wirelessly

patjbourg
Apprentice

Good morning,

For the small company I work for, the main office I typically work out of has a really nice big printer with the scanner option. And the printer is wireless which is awesome, I can print, but I cannot seem to figure out how to set up the scan function so the printer sends the scanned document to my Mac Book Pro. Is there some type of series of steps you guys could provide to me so I can get this figured out?

It would save me boat loads of time, I would be so very happy if this could be figured out.

My Mac is:

macOS Sierra

verison 10.12.6

Macbook pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 2.7 GHz intel core i5

and the printer is a Cannon MF620 C Series

Hope this infomation helps! Please help!! Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

James_C

Hi patjbourg,

In order to scan wireless from your Mac, you need to download the Scanner Driver & Utilities V2.9.0 for Mac OS : Scanner Driver & Utilities V2.10.0 for Mac OS : 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13 file.  Click HERE to access the download page.  It will install the ScanGear driver.  It will also install the MF Scan Utility scanning app. 

To initially set up the network scanner on your Mac, follow this guide:

1.  Open Applications, then select the Canon MF utility folder and choose to open MF Scan Utility (If no scanner found error appears, ignore it).

2.  At the top left hand corner of your screen, next to the apple icon you'll see  MF utility.  Click on it and select network scanner setting from the drop down menu.  Click on the plus sign (+) and select the your Canon model from the list, then click Add. 

3.  At the top of the screen, to the right of MF Scan Utility, click Scanner and select your Canon model from the drop down menu.

4. Attempt a scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

How do you change the folder destination?

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello etp,

When you scan using the buttons on the operation panel of your MF620 Series printer, by default, the scanned data is saved to your "Documents" folder.  A subfolder named with the scanning date is created, and the data is saved to that folder.  If you want to direct where the scanned data is saved on your computer, you will need to make this change using the MF Scan Utility.

Please follow these steps to change where the scanned data is saved when using the printer's operation panel to scan:

1.  Open the MF Scan Utility program on yor computer.

Note: Open the hard disk you are using ->[Applications] ->[ Canon MF Scan Utility].

2.  Click on "Settings..." (in the bottom right corner).  The Settings dialog window opens.

3.  Click on the Scanner tab (icon with a picture of a scanner with an arrow pointing down).

4.  Click on one of the scanning buttons (i.e. "Color Scan", "B&W Scan", etc.).

5.  In the "Save Settings" section, click on the down arrow for "Save in" then choose your location or "Add" to browse to a different location to add.

6.  Click "OK".

Now when you scan using your printer's operation panel, the scanned data will be saved to the location you have pre-selected.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, I have an image class MF4880dw and I can print fine using USB cable in Windows 10 but it no longer scans. When I try to select the pdf icon in the Canon MF toolbox 4.9  a popup shows:

" a supported scanner is not installed . Please install a supported Scanner  and then restart Toolbox". 

I already uninstalled all Canon drivers and software and reisntalled the most recent versions but it still does not scan (same message as before). When search  for  devices in windows 10  I see icon for MF4800 series but there is no icon for a scanner. Please advice how to fix scanner settings.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello GCD,

That error would mean the drivers are missing/corrupt or something is blocking the scanner connection. In this situation, I would suggest turning off any security software running on the computer and reinstalling the [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF4890dw/MF4880dw MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear).

If you continue to get the message after reinstalling the driver above, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. They would be happy to check what is wrong with the driver install and get you back up and scanning.

Jame_C, I was able to download the link you provided, but I cannot seem to Progress through step 1. I can't find the Canon MF utility folder. The only thing I see in my Applications is Canon Utilities, and contained in that is imagePROGRAF PrinterSetup, and imagePROGRAF Printmonitor and a Support folder. Am I missing something or did I look in the wrong place? Very troubling. I am sorry!

In Step 2, the Add button remains dim, and MAC Address is "Could not acquire. "MAC Address problem

The Canon machine prints with no problems. It also scanned until I tried to get VueScan working with it. Now it doesn't scan at all. 😞

It seems that my Canon MF733Cdw had gotten itself into a bad state. Resetting it to the factory defaults solved this problem.

sdaris
Apprentice

I have a MacBook pro 10.14

I have the latest drivers installed, the scan utility up and running, version 1.8, and I have the printer showing in the product name. 

I can scan FROM the MF Scan  Utility.
I can print to the printer

I can email from printer

But I can't scan from the printer/scanner scan button to the MacBook. 
The MF733 just give me an error when I try. 

Announcements