cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo via AirPrint on plain paper?

jcbleif
Apprentice

I want to print a photo from my iPad onto plain paper (not photo paper), but the PIXMA MX922 I just installed insists on printing to photo paper, and I can't find any way to override. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello jcbleif.

Unfortunately, photos cannot be printed on plain paper from mobile devices.  When a photo printout is initiated from a mobile device such as your iOS device, the unit will use a photo paper setting.

Please save or transfer the image to a standard Windows or Mac OSX computer in order to print the item on plain paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

TBJinTX
Apprentice
Workaround: Click on the photo and select the option to Save PDF to iBooks. You can print it as a regular document from iBooks then delete the PDF.

Nyccccanon
Apprentice

There is a really easy and quick way to print photo on regular paper. If you download the canon app onto your iphone or ipad from the apple App Store (its called  ‘CanonPRINT Inkjet/Selphy ‘) , its free, and install it; then you can print whatever photos or documents from your iOS device using that app and it gives you the power and flexibility to choose your settings as to what paper size, paper type , and paper tray. You just have to print through the app . But works great. Hope that helps

Announcements