cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Canon Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw not working on Windows 10

cdysthe
Apprentice

Hi,

Some of our office computers are updated to Windows 10 but we are not able to get them to work with our Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw. We have installed and uninstalled the drivers, and the printer which is on our network is detected by Windows 10 but it also says that the driver is not installed and can't be found even after we have specifially instlled them. What can we do to get this printer to work on Windows 10. It works fine with our Windows 8 machines.

4 REPLIES 4

ervd1949
Apprentice

Have you found a solution yet?  I just installed Windows 10 on a brand new PC and MF8580Cdw is as usless as a boat anchor.

Any resolution on this issue yet?

Hi kadams.

I will be able to assist you.

We recommend uninstalling the previous drivers and software, and then reinstalling the latest drivers and software from the Canon website.  Please follow the instructions below to perform this operation:

1. Unplug the USB cable from the printer, or if connected by network, power the printer off.

2. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose View Devices and Printers.

3. In the Devices and Printers window, right click on the MF8500 Series and select 'Remove' to delete the printer.

Delete all of the icons for the MF8580Cdw.

4. Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose 'Programs' -> 'Programs and Features'.

5. Double click on Canon driver to uninstall. Follow the on screen prompts. Repeat for the MF Toolbox.

6. Restart your computer.

After your computer restarts and you are on your Desktop screen, before you reconnect the printer to your computer, you can download and install drivers and software for your printer by following the steps below.

1. Click HERE to go to the Drivers & Downloads page for your MF8580Cdw.

2. The Drivers & Downloads page will open for the selected model.

Note: This page automatically detects your computer's operating system so that only the compatible drivers and software will be available for download.

3. Files recommended for your printer and Operating System will be listed in the Recommended Downloads section.

4. Click on the SELECT button next to [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF8580Cdw MFDrivers (UFR II /PCL/Fax/ ScanGear) to download the drivers.

5. After clicking on the SELECT button next to the file name, check the "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download." check box.

6. Click on the DOWNLOAD button to save the file to your computer.

7. Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder. The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file. (When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder.)

8. Open your [Downloads] (or [Documents]) folder.

9. You will see two icons with the name: MF8500CMFDriversV2085W64usEN. Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

10. In the folder you will see two listings for [Setup]. Double-click on the [Setup] that has the type as [Application].

11. The "MF Drivers Setup Wizard" will open. If the printer was powered off, please turn it on, and then proceed through the on-screen steps for USB Connection or Network Connection.

12.  Restart the computer.  If using a USB cable, please do not connect the USB cable until after the computer is back on.

13. Once complete, return to the Recommended Downloads section and click on the SELECT button next to [Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1.1.mf18.

14. After reading the details and disclaimer, click on the check box for 'I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download.' and click on the black DOWNLOAD button to save the file to your computer.

15. Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder. The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file.

16. In the new folder, double-click the decompressed Setup file to start installation.

Next, please follow these steps to set MF8580Cdw as your default printer:

1. Open the Printers Folder:

* Right-click the Start button and select Control Panel. Choose View Devices and Printers.

2. If there is more than one Canon printer icon shown, right-click on the printer driver you wish to use and left-Click 'Set as Default Printer'.

3. If the printer icons are stacked, right click on the printer icon shown and hold the mouse on 'Set as Default Printer' until the full list of drivers appears. Left click on the UFR II printer driver to use.

4. When the printer has been set as the default printer, a check mark is displayed beside the printer icon.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you still experience an issue with the installing the printer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be glad to assist you further.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This solution does not work.  My computer has been down now for 2 solid days.  

Cannot get the scanner to work on Windows 10.   My computer updated overnight Friday and now nothing is working.

tried solution below but the scan utility does not even load up when I try to run it.

Announcements