cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My paper curls behind the cartridge and jams right by the transfer roller

Marebiz1
Apprentice

My printer cartridge ran out of toner, I got more toner and went to print a document and the printer jammed stopping in the middle curling behind the cartridge and not going any further. I had assumed it was possible that the gray roller feeder was dirty, so I used the cleaning methods stated in a canon printer/copier forum. I resumed trying to print and the paper still jams behind the cartridge and curls up right by the transfer roller.

I had did an experiment because I figured it couldn't really get worse, so I took out the transfer roller and replaced the cartridge into the printer and the paper went right through like it should. The only thing is the document did not transfer to the paper due to the transfer roller not being in place.  Is it a transfer roller issue from what I have described and if so does anyone know if canon sale transfer rollers for imageclass D530 printers? I looked on the site and don't see anything like it. I'm asking before I buy a new transfer roller from a wholesaler.  Is it possible that it could be the reason it's stuck?

1 REPLY 1

Marebiz1
Apprentice

My printer has jammed stopping in the middle curling behind the cartridge and not going any further. I had assumed it was possible that the gray roller feeder was dirty, so I used the cleaning methods stated in a canon printer/copier forum. I resumed trying to print and the paper still jams behind the cartridge and curls up right by the transfer roller.

I had did an experiment because I figured it couldn't really get worse, so I took out the transfer roller and replaced the cartridge into the printer and the paper went right through like it should. The only thing is the document did not transfer to the paper due to the transfer roller not being in place.  Is it a transfer roller issue from what I have described and if so does anyone know if canon sale transfer rollers for imageclass D530 printers? I looked on the site and don't see anything like it. I'm asking before I buy a new transfer roller from a wholesaler.  Is it possible that it could be the reason it's stuck? I need help!

Announcements