cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mf244dw splits pages when using automatic feed

Baklash
Contributor

When I use automatic feed I get a couple lines on the first page coming out and then the rest on the second page. This happens even when I am printing only 1 document  in the automatic feed tray. If I have multiple documents in the auto feed every document is printed in 2 parts, with only a couple lines on the first page and the remainder of the document on a second page.

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi, Baklash,

Does this problem occur with all printing, or only when printing from a particular source (i.e. email, recipe sites, specific programs, etc.)?  Also, is this problem only occurring on one computer, or are multiple computers producing this same result?

If this is occurring when printing from any program, first double-check that the paper guides on the paper tray are set to the correct size, and that the loaded paper is not pushed too far forward.  In the program from which you're printing, look for a Print Preview option to verify that the page layout is displaying correctly on the computer.  Also ensure the paper size selected in the print settings matches the paper size loaded in the selected paper tray.

If this occurs when printing from web-based content, such as a web-based email service, check to see if you're able to open a printer-friendly version of the content which you wish to print.

If it only occurs when printing from specific programs, try saving the content to a PDF file, and then printing the PDF from a different program.

If you have any further questions, or require any assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Baklash
Contributor
Perhaps I did a bad job of explaining my problem. First of all my paper guides are correct. I’m not talking about printing from a computer, iPad, or phone. I have a single page paper document. I put it in the autoprint tray and push the start print button on the printer. It feeds properly, but then prints the first 2 or 3 lines of the document on a page. Then it prints the remainder of the document on a second page. If, for instance, I put 20 pages of documents in the auto feed tray each one is then split, with a couple lines on a page and the remainder on another page thus ending up with 40 pages as described above.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements