cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify mb2120 printer wants to send a fax instead of printing a Avery label

SUE6
Contributor

We just purchased a Canon Maxify mb2120 printer.  We do not want or need  to use the fax option but cannot find a way to disable it.  We have owned Canon printers for years and love how user friendly they are, but we're having second thoughts about this Maxify.  I have not been able to reach Tech Support to ask for help with this problem. I just get put on hold endlessly!   

I have been able to print docs and photos just fine, but when I try to print an Avery label for a DVD, it thinks I am trying to send a fax. Could not print the label.  I thought there must be a way to disable the fax, but have searched the menu on the printer itself and also the online manual and there is no information there, either about turning off or disabling the fax mode.  I expected to see separate icons for the printer and fax in the Devices and Printers folder in the control panel, but there is only one.  You can choose whether your default is the printer or the fax which I have the default set as the Printer, but I cannot access anything that allows me to disable the fax.  I do not have a telephone line hooked up to my computer as I do not need or want to send faxes.  I hope someone can point me in the right direction or I will have to send this printer back and try to find one as good as the Pixma MX922 that we loved.  The printhead died on it so was hoping to find another printer similar to it and decided on the Maxify MB2120; and now I'm thinking we have made a mistake!

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I know you are using the printer with windows, but am not clear what version or build?

What application are you printing from?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Greetings to you, as well!  Thanks for trying to help.

Version 2004, OS Build 19041.867

I was using Avery Design and Print to create and print the label.  It worked fine on my previous printer, the Pixma MX922.

I forgot to mention it was Windows 10...

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi SUE6,

In Avery Design and Print , are you able to select which printer that you wish to print from?  There should be an option to select the MB2120 Printer and not the MB2120 Fax.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick, the MB2120 Printer and the MB2120 Fax do not have separate icons in the Devices menu.  I'm sure that's part of the problem.  We're going to uninstall it and then reinstall the software and see what happens.  We are very unhappy with this printer.

Announcements