Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Maxify MB2720 trying to change cartriges when I open front cover it only says front cover is open

Maxify MB2720  I am trying to change cartriges but  when I open front cover it only says front cover is open and to close it.  It does not advance to old cartridges so I can remove them and put new ones in.

Product Expert

Re: Maxify MB2720 trying to change cartriges when I open front cover it only says front cover is ope

[ Edited ]

Hello judyaclay,

When the ink cartridges for the Maxify series printers are ready to be replaced you will receive a message on the display screen of the printer. If you open the front cover and the ink cartridges do not move over to the replacement cartridge area the printer has not detected any of the ink cartridges as empty and will not allow you to replace the cartridge at this time. For additional information on replacing the ink cartridges, click HERE.