cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB2720 trying to change cartriges when I open front cover it only says front cover is open

judyaclay
Apprentice

Maxify MB2720  I am trying to change cartriges but  when I open front cover it only says front cover is open and to close it.  It does not advance to old cartridges so I can remove them and put new ones in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caemene
Rising Star

Hello judyaclay,

When the ink cartridges for the Maxify series printers are ready to be replaced you will receive a message on the display screen of the printer. If you open the front cover and the ink cartridges do not move over to the replacement cartridge area the printer has not detected any of the ink cartridges as empty and will not allow you to replace the cartridge at this time. For additional information on replacing the ink cartridges, click HERE.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Caemene
Rising Star

Hello judyaclay,

When the ink cartridges for the Maxify series printers are ready to be replaced you will receive a message on the display screen of the printer. If you open the front cover and the ink cartridges do not move over to the replacement cartridge area the printer has not detected any of the ink cartridges as empty and will not allow you to replace the cartridge at this time. For additional information on replacing the ink cartridges, click HERE.

My ink cartridges are, in fact empty-I have cleaned the print heads, etc and when I print documents, they are SUPER light, in some instances, there is no ink at all.  There HAS to be a way to override the automatic operation.  

This reply is not helpful.  Under normal conditions, yes this is the process to change an ink cartridge but under abnormal conditions (the printer does not sense the empty or faulty ink cartridge) then there does not seem to be a way to change the ink cartridge.  

When I open the front door panel I just get a message that the panel is open.  It does not offer to move the ink cartridges into position for removal.  I have tried running multiple Head Cleaning operations on the color ink cartridges and it appears that my two good color cartridges are getting lower but not the Magenta which is the one that is not printing.  Aside from taking the printer apart, I would like to know if there is a method to override the MB2720's operating system to allow manual selection of an ink cartridge for replacement.

Thank you.

Announcements