cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFC743Cdw jammed with photo paper, can barely see the edge in the back, but can't reach/remove

DrAzin
Apprentice

I was trying to print a photo on photo paper from the multi-purpose tray, and the paper was drawn in, and jammed, but not accessible from either the front or the back open doors.  It seemed to have disappeared, but I can barely see the leading edge of the paper from the open rear of the printer. It's in far enough that you can't access it with needle-nose pliers and tweezers don't get a tight enough grip to pull the paper. 

See the photos.

Is there a way to further access this area of the printer?  closer view of inaccessible papercloser view of inaccessible paperRear door open, paper visible but not accessibleRear door open, paper visible but not accessible

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I'm not near my 743 to get a first-hand look, but, would removing the toner cartridges help to gain access to the stuck paper? 🤔

The toner cartridges are in the front; we did remove them and we could see no paper from that side at all.

Thanks for the suggestion.

DrAzin
Apprentice

Post-script: After multiple tries with two pairs of tweezers (couldn’t get leverage/pressure enough to really hold the paper for a good pull) we went back to trying needle nose pliers (it was too fat to get into that tight space the first try), this time at various angles, and found one angle that worked, and we were able to clamp on and pull out the paper.  Not sure why photo paper wouldn’t work, but won’t try that again!

I use 28lb 98 brightness multi-use copier paper in my 743. Works quite well. 🙂

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements