cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8580cdw paper jams from from drawer to duplex unit

hb5fa
Apprentice

My MF8580cdw all of a sudden develops a buzzing sound which sounds like gears grinding when picking up a new sheet of paper from the drawer, then the unit stops with a paper jam error.  The paper always stops at about 1.5 to 2 inches after the paper leaves the drawer tray and stops just about entering into the back cover.   However, the error on the front panel may suggest a jam either in the drawer or at the back cover which will require open and close the back.  The machine cannot pin point which is which, and appears to be quite random perhaps due to the location of the paper sensor.  It is to a point now that the printer just cannot print more than one sheet because it "thinks" it is jammed. 

Once paper jam is freed and printing continues, the LCD display will say "Correcting..." without stating what it is correcting as it completes the current page. 

There is no wrinkle to the paper.  It just buzzes and processing stops having to complain about a paper jam.  I wonder if there might have been some plastic gear got worn off. 

I would appreciate it if anyone can suggest a faulty part for me to look at so I can place a replacement order for it.  This is a great printer and it is not even 1 year old.  I hate to throw it away after I had purchased $400+ worth of new toner cartridges.  I have only 1100+ color and 1400+ BW print counts on it. 

Any help is great help!  Thanks in advance.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements